(Hong Kong) Victoria Peak ★★★★

The Peak, Hong Kong


  • Worth to visit. Try to visit on weekdays to avoid long queue for Peak Tram. The best viewpoint is in front of the public toilet. 
  • previous post

 

2023-09-28 THU



The best viewpoint is in front of the public toilet.



Today's only plan is the Victoria Peak. I checked the route from Google Map, and it said that it'll take 25 minutes whether by bus or on foot. Lesson learned: Never trust walking time in Hong Kong.


I still remember this tree. And I also remember we hid behind a car to make fun of Ingan.



Going up on the Mid-level escalator. 



At this point, I realized I cannot trust walking time from Google Map, because it's all uphill and downhill in Hong Kong. 


It took even longer because she walked ahead of me, disappeared, and missed where to turn. So we had to walk back down the stairs. Love is walking with same place, darling.


Finally here we are, and it took 58 minutes.


No queue?! I remembered that the queue was so long that I couldn't even find where the end is, so I already had backup plan that going up with taxi or something. Probably it's not that busy because it's weekday and they lost some number of visitors during Covid-19.



Looking back to the ticket office. I couldn't believe I've passed this corridor that fast.


Hello, tram. The tram looks quite different from the one in my memory. It turned out that they changed it a few years ago. 


Looking up in the tram.






Madame Tussauds. Hello, Benedict!


There are two buildings on the peak. This is one you arrive with the tram, and another is a mall called the Peak Galleria.



Really? Fake photo in Hong Kong?


A restaurant that seems to include price for the view in the bill.


You can buy combination ticket with the tram and this Terrace 428, but I've never been there. I don't think it worth the price.


Desserts!


The Peak Galleria.



It had so much changed for last 15 years that I couldn't find anything familiar, except the half-moon shaped top of the building.


We went behind the building to see if there are hidden spots for the view, but mostly blocked by trees. 


The chairs in this pars faces the sea but the view is totally blocked by tall trees. Why don't they just cut down only a few trees? I'm pretty sure it's all about business and politics.


However, I just fount the best spot in front of this public toilet. 


I'm sorry I didn't have a bottle of beer with me.


The other side of the peak. 


A queue to the tram downward. It must be super crowded in weekends.



댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

[역삼] 창고43 강남점 ★★★★

[방배] 실내포차(방배버들골이야기) ★★★★

(장충) 아시아 ★★★★★