Article by Brandi

https://www.facebook.com/brandi.ferrebee/posts/10207677927177507?pnref=story

Content Note: Description of a sexual assault. Same time, same place as the last. Different survivor, same old assaulter. I'm sharing this anonymous account to make clear the pattern of abuse.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"On December 30th, 2014, Max Pitruzella sexually assaulted me at Lindy Focus. I am sharing this anonymously because my story is important in establishing a pattern in his behavior, but I also will not allow him to interrupt my life again.
I was 20 years old. It was my second Lindy Focus, and while I was still too new to the dance community to know a lot of people, I was growing comfortable enough to talk to dancers that I didn’t know. I met Max in the hotel bar. I was sitting alone while my roommate played in the jam, finishing off a glass of wine that I bought with a fake ID. He approached me, and brought me a second glass of wine. We spoke for a while at the bar about teaching, about music, and about our relationships. I asked for help understanding a particular dance step. He invited me up to his room, because the bar was loud and crowded.
He was a teacher. I trusted him, was a student in his class, and admired his dancing. I aspired to teach Lindy Hop, and he said he’d give me some tips on how to get started when we could hear one another better. Once we got to his room, he made me another drink, and we went over the footwork that confused me. I started to feel woozy… or far drunker than I should have felt from two glasses of wine and a mixed drink. I knew what my limit was.
He kissed me, and started to undo my dress. I remember hesitating, and saying that I didn’t feel well and should probably go. I just wanted to leave, and I didn’t want any confrontation. He held me by the arm, and convinced me to dance one more song.
I don’t remember how he undressed me, or got me into his bed. I remember being incoherent. At this point, I was incapable of giving consent. He assaulted me without using a condom.
I woke some time after he was finished, having slept off whatever he gave me. I rushed from his room, unsure if what had happened was /really/ assault. I ran into a friend, who saw us leave the bar together. She asked about what happened, ribbing me for details. In the moment, rather than lose the last few days of Focus to a hospital stay and a police station, I decided to play along. I smiled, and ribbed her back. I only lied because I wanted to forget that it happened and enjoy the rest of my expensive vacation. I regret not thinking clearly enough to press charges.
It took me a long time to learn that I was incapable of giving consent at the time, and that what he did to me wasn’t my fault. The way he isolated me was very similar to how he isolated Ruth. Max is a habitual predator, and we cannot tolerate him or those like him in our communities any longer.
-Jane Doe"

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

[역삼] 창고43 강남점 ★★★★

[방배] 실내포차(방배버들골이야기) ★★★★

(장충) 아시아 ★★★★★