(Berlin) ZOLA East Side – Friedrichshain ★★★★

Mühlenstraße 70-71, 10243 Berlin, Germany 


I didn't have much expectation but the pizza was so good. I enjoyed relaxing time by the river, which somehow I rarely could find in Berlin.


2023-05-17 WED


After visiting Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, we walked down to south.



When I think about plazas in Europe, I have this image of peaceful old-fashioned one. However, Berlin is still metropolis, and  Potsdamer Platz is far from what I expected.


So we moved to the Gendarmenmarkt. Since I have my 24-hour ticket, I just have'bought one short-trip ticket for her. But it turned out that the whole area was under construction.


At this moment, I was being called by nature's emergent call. Luckily there was a public toilet, but still needed to walk for 5 minutes. And here is the most high-tech toilet I've ever used. When I got there, it was occupied. The previous user came out and I tried to open but it was locked. I checked the small screen, and it said "Cleaning in progress". It was automated self-cleaning public toilet! I had to fight against my inner instinct for another couple of minutes, but it was so clean, a little wet though.


She let me pick the last destination in Berlin and I wanted to check out the East Side Gallery. Since it's located along the river, it seemed to be ok also for her to rest. Talking about the metro ticket, if I've bought a single ticket, she could use it again because it's been only a few minutes after validation. That's why you'd better not use the short-trip ticket unless you're sure how long you're gonna stay at your destination.



There was a restaurant with outdoor tables facing the river. 


The view from the table. 


And I could find Bebop across the river, where tonight's Hang & Jam party will be held.



I ordered inside, paid and told the staff our table number so that they could bring pizza when it's ready. For drinks I just took out from the freezer myself.

Salami piazza 11.0
Tomato sauce, Fior di latte, Salami napoli, Oregano, Grana padano

I didn't have much expectation but the pizza was so good.

Beer 0.33l 3.5 - Oberdorfer HELL
Softdrnks 3.0 - Pepsi

They had only 0.33l beer.


The cheese!


back to Berlin (2023)


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

[역삼] 창고43 강남점 ★★★★

[방배] 실내포차(방배버들골이야기) ★★★★

(장충) 아시아 ★★★★★