(Vilnius) Uzupio Kavine ★★★★★

Užupio g. 2, 01200 Vilnius, Lithuania


Delicious food including some of the traditional Lithuanian with nice view of the Bridge of Uzupis. A good point where you start you journey in Uzupis. Zeppelins recommended.


2023-05-15 MON

We checked out from the hotel and headed to Uzupis to spend the rest of the time before flight in the evening.


Before travel, I was so busy that I didn't have enough time to study Vilnius. I just found out what Uzupis is about while staying here. In a word, it's a fake independent country, which is full of fun and interesting concepts. It was a poor area with artists, so they made up this country to be proud of themselves. They even put passport control and go on ceremonies on the 1st of April.


This restaurant is located right across the Bridge of Uzupis, which is the borderline of the country. 





There is a swinging chair under the bridge. You have to half cross the river but I dared. 


Cheers to the freedom.


The soup was served with potato.

Cold beetroot soup 5.5


Some of the seats with best view were reserved. We were early but it must be going to be crowded around the lunch time.


So, here I am. 


Korean writer Ilji Ha wrote about this area, and he was assigned as a Korean ambassador. I should read the book.




The salmon salad was so cute with flowers and all the decorations.


ZEPPELINS - Lithuania's National Dish 8.5
potato dumplings with ground meat - served with sour cream and bacon bits

I think I've read about this traditional food but didn't expect much so didn't search for it either. It was so good that I immediately regretted that I didn't try this more.

Moules Marineres 13.0
mussels in white wine-cream sauce, served with Belgian fries.



I'm sorry but no food for you.


back to Vilnius (2023)




댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

[역삼] 창고43 강남점 ★★★★

[방배] 실내포차(방배버들골이야기) ★★★★

(장충) 아시아 ★★★★★